گلچين از بهترين گروه‌ها و سايت‌هاي اينترنتي. همه چيز از همه جا

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Re: BozorgdAshti az ostAd Jalil Shahnaz

Dear Hooman,
 
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
It is great to hear someone loves Iranian classical music only because of the marvellous content and not only for personal memories.
This group is for sharing our opinions and our Golha interests, experiences, memories and music.
 
My experience with Iranian classical music is more or less similar. I used to listen to Golha when I was in early years of primary school.
During the middle school years, I was a big fan of Golha and used to listen to Shajarian and Banan tasnifs as well.
Tasnifs such as Karevan (Banan) and Bote Chin (Shajarian) were and are among my top of the list favourites.
 
Since 1996 that I started using Internet, I always had a feeling that Iranian classical music could be broadcasted over the Internet.
Nowadays, I usually listen to radiodarvish.com or radiogolha.com while working on my computer.
 
I greatly appreciate it if you consider sharing your high quality Golha music as MP3 files using Rapidshare, Megaupload or similar servers. 
 
Thanks again and best regards,
 
Ahmad
Sydney - Australia
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Hooman F.
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2008 8:57 AM
Subject: Re: BozorgdAshti az ostAd Jalil Shahnaz

Doostan aziz,
 
I got so many replies thanking me for the two clips I sent, that I decided to send a general message to the group. I am glad that so many of you enjoyed the clips. Actually, I myself was in tears to see such a Master at such a state. Obviously his mind is still full of musical creativity, but his body does not respond the way it used to.  Dasteh roozegArst in.....
 
I am relatively a young person. The Golha era was probably on its peak when I was born or was very young. My youth was during the revelation, so the music then had already turned for the worse. It wasn't until my early twenties that I discovered the Golha series, in specific OstAd ShahnAz and OstAd Ebadi. I was lucky enough to be close to Los Angeles, so I bought over 200 of the Golha CD's then. My favorite by far is GolhAyeh jAvidAn and Bargeh Sabz.
 
I never listened to the Golha music in Iran, so I don't have a feeling of nostalgia or remembrance. I enjoy this music purely because of its extraordinary quality. I personally don't enjoy much of the classical Persian music that is produced in Iran these days. To me, it is mostly technique and complexity, but the hAl and havA is not there. This is the reason I still remain a big fan of what I consider the Golden Era of Persian classical music, the Golha series.
 
I hope you don't mind me sharing some personal thoughts with all of you. Sorry it had to be in English, as typing Farsi is very difficult for me.
 
Hooman- 
San Francisco, Ca.

"Hooman F." <tohooman@yahoo.com> wrote:







Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.


Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No comments:

آرشیو مطالب